Introduction to common IT Office Applications
Type and Deduction
- Obligatory module within the 1st or 2nd semester the B.A. BSc. program
- Obligatory module for BSc. students with B.A. as supplement and Information Systems as main focus
- compulsory optional module in the BSc. HDL program
No requirements given.
The number of participants within the lectures is limited to 30.
Scope of Deduction
4 SWS (lectures incl. tutorials)
*In case of questions please contact Dr. Schwartz-Reinken
- FAQ-hours: Mo., 01:00-3:00 p.m.,
online on OLAT(Dr. Birgit Schwartz-Reinken)
- FAQ-hours: Thur., 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., online on OLAT (Dr. Frank Schwartz)
- FAQ-hours: Wed., 11:00 a.m.-01:00 p.m., online on OLAT ((Dr. Birgit Schwartz-Reinken)
Course dates for the semester break courses: 04.-17.03.2020 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. and 2:00-6:00 p.m.
In order to participate in this
As soon as they are known the exact examination dates will be announced in STiNE.
Requirements for attending the Exams
- The exercises have to be correct and handed
in toa total of at least 50%. (Repeaters: The ones who have fulfilled this requirement in a previous semester do not need to hand in excercisesagain.)
- Registration for the exam (for repeaters) within the registration periods in STiNE
Registration for the exams (including repeaters):
- BSc. students: within the registration periods in STiNE
- Diploma students: within the registration periods in FlexNow!
Students are gradually introduced to the use of the following standard software products:
Word Processing: Word 2013
Database: Access 2013
Spreadsheet: Excel 2013
The aim of "Introduction to common IT Office Applications" is to guide the students on a practical level towards business application problems of data processing. Therefore, the lecture surmounts teaching the mere capabilities of each software product. Students are rather asked to recognize fundamental problem structures, which can be solved by using the products. For Instance, by using the database system Access a meaningful report describing the operating revenue statistics is developed. Another Example is the usage of the spreadsheet program Excel in order to work out a model for planning a production program which is then dissolved with the Excel Solver.
All documents belonging to the module are provided via the E-learning-platform OLAT.