Information Systems in Transport and Traffic
Type and Deduction (in German only):
- Spezialisierung Computational Logistics im Master Wirtschaftsinformatik: Modul BWL-MA-WI-IMV
- 3. Wahlpflichtbereich im Master Wirtschaftsinformatik: Modul BWL-MA-WI-IMV
- Freier Wahlbereich im Master Betriebswirtschaft
No requirements given.
The number of participants is not limited.
Mon, 8-11:00 am, WiWi 2163/68
In order to participate in this course it is obligatory to register in STiNE during the STiNE registration periods.
Registration for the exams in STiNE well within the registration periods is mandatory (also for students who repeat the exam!).
Introduction to issues in models and applications of information systems in traffic and transportation
- seaport and container terminal logistics incl. operations management and intermodal traffic; extension to international issues in Supply Chain Management (SCM) and logistics
- information systems regarding: terminal operators, shipping companies etc.
- information systems and management in public mass transit
- (ref. to multi agent systems)
- Abilities in problem solving and management of information systems
- finding different ways of analyzing information systems (e.g., traffic and transportation systems with a focus on seaports and container terminals)
Literature recommendations will be given during lecture.