MIN-CommSy room "Informationsmanagement". Login data for the room will be announced during the first lecture!
Type and Deduction
- compulsory module Wiwi-BA-WI-IM within the BSc. in Information Systems (
- compulsory optional module BWL-BA-WI1 in Information Systems as
focus for Bachelor B.A. and HDL main
- compulsory optional module within the BSc. for industrial engineers
- optional module in other BSc. programs
The number of participants is not limited.
Scope of deduction
2 SWS lecture, 2 SWS tutorial
- lecture: Fri, 8:15 - 9:45 am,
- tutorial 1: Fri, 10:00-11:30 am, online
- tutorial 2: Fri, 12:15 am -1:45 pm, online
Evaluation Type: exam
As soon as they are known the exact examination dates will be announced in STiNE.
Registration for the exams in STiNE well within the registration periods is mandatory (also for students who repeat the exam!).
Students in BSc. HDL are instructed to adhere to their deadlines!
- basic terms: information, data, knowledge, communication
- definition approaches and doctrines about information management, objectives and goals of information management
- information technology management
- data management (incl. data warehouse) and information logistics
- knowledge management: decision support, learning support (incl. data mining), automated solution generation (knowledge-based systems)
- communication and coordination: groupware and workflow management, external information management
- organization of information management
S. Voß, K. Gutenschwager. Informationsmanagement. Springer, Berlin (2001). [ISBN: 3-540-67807-7]
Further literature recommendations during lectures.