The Maritime Economics Research Center (MERC) was founded in 2016, established by the Maritime Foundation and the University of Hamburg.
The main objectives of MERC include:
International visibility in research and practice through:
• Supervision of promotions in the area of maritime management
• Publications in scientific journals and lectures Conferences
• Cooperations with national and international scientists or maritime organizations and associations of interests
• Organization of practical and academic conferences
• Cooperation with and participation in events of the Foundation
Strengthening the maritime location of Hamburg through:
• Building a local think-tank in the field of maritime management
• Providing access for companies to an internationally networked research platform
• Integration of representatives from research and practice through the institution a research advisory board
• Academic training of junior executives in the field of maritime Management
The center conducted various practical projects and academic research topics. Some of the finished and current topics can be found under “Research” section. We strive to contribute scientific findings to logistic and trade communities.