Selected publications & working papers
Journal and Book Publications
Zhang. W., X. Feng, F. Goerlandt, Q. Liu*. 2020. Towards a Convolutional Neural Network model for classifying regional ship collision risk levels for waterway risk analysis. Reliability Engineering & System Safety 204.
Guo, L., J. Li, Q. Liu, W. Xing. 2020. “Introducing an external operator or not? The decision of ports in a duopoly market.” Journal of Systems Science and Complexity. 33, 146–166 (2020).
- Xing, W., Q. Liu* and G. Chen. 2018. “Pricing Strategies for Port Competition and Cooperation.” Maritime Policy & Management 45(2): 260-277.
- 2018 “Chapter 8: History of the shipping business in China.” Maritime Economics and Business: The Asian Perspective. Editor Okan Duru. Routledge.
- 2018 “Chapter 9: Shipping business strategies and national policy of China.” Maritime Economics and Business: The Asian Perspective. Editor Okan Duru. Routledge.
- 2018 “Chapter 10: Contemporary issues and current challenges: A way ahead.” Maritime Economics and Business: The Asian Perspective. Editor Okan Duru. Routledge.
- Liu, Q.*, and S. Lim. 2017. “Toxic Air Pollution and Container Port Efficiency in the US.” Maritime Economics & Logistics 19(1): 94-105. DOI: 10.1057/mel.2015.29
- Liu, Q.*, W. Wilson, and M. Luo. 2016. “The impact of Panama Canal expansion on the container-shipping market: A cooperative game theory approach.” Maritime Policy & Management 43(2), 209-221.
- Yang, Y., Q. Liu, Chia-Hsun, Chang. 2021. “The impact of COVID-19 pandemic on freight trade between China and Europe”. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review. Under review.
- Liu, Q., L. Ke, A. Ng, and W. Shi. 2021. “The evolution of quantitative modelling of ocean shipping freight rates: Findings from a systematic literature review” Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review. Under review.
- Zhang, W., Y. Deng, Q. Liu*, Sh. Fu. 2021. An enhanced method of performing ship collision risk assessment in open waters based on AIS data. Ocean Engineering. Under review.Liu, Q., Y. Yang, and W. Zhang. “China-Europe transportation route competition under the Belt and Road Initiative.” Working paper.
- Liu, Q., L. Ke, A. Ng, and W. Zhang. “European Port Connectivity: a new horizon under the influence of China?”. Working Paper.
- Chen, G., L. Jiang, N. Rytter, and Q. Liu. 2019. “Modelling Advance Price Announcement Game in Liner Shipping.” Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice. Under 3rd revision.
- Ke, L., Q. Liu*, K. Han and L. Evangelos. 2020. "Impacts of Brexit on Ro-Ro traffic at Dover and supply chain cost. " Maritime Policy & Managment. Under 2nd revision.
- Wilson, W. and Q. Liu. Economics of Sharing Agreements in Wheat Technology Development: The SHAPELY VALUE. Working paper.
- Liu, Q., “Containership pooling sharing scheme: a cooperative game approach.”
- Liu, Q. 2014. “Economic and Environmental Evaluation of a New Vessel Design for the U.S. Short-Distance Waterway Shipping”. 2014 Transportation Research Arena Conference Proceedings: Paris, France.
- Liu, Q., and W. Wilson. 2014. “Analyzing the Impact of Larger Ships through Panama Canal on the U.S. Container Import Market Using Shapley Value”. 2014 International Transportation & Economic Development Conference Proceedings: Dallas, Texas