Seminar Business Informatics
Included in the Following Lecture Directory (in German only):
- Fakultät für Mathematik, Informatik und Naturwissenschaften > Fachbereich Informatik > C. Veranstaltungen im Bachelorstudiengang Wirtschaftsinformatik > 2. Wahlpflichtbereich > Wirtschaftsinformatik > Modul BWL-BA-WI 5: Seminar zur Wirtschaftsinformatik
- Fakultät für Betriebswirtschaft > A. Bachelor-Studiengänge > I. Betriebswirtschaftslehre (B.Sc.) > Zweite Studienphase (Betriebswirtschaftliche Schwerpunktfächer) > 8. Wirtschaftsinformatik
No requirements given. The number of participants is limited to 26.
German (English supervision and handling possible)
Scope of Deduction
2 SWS, 6 CP
- registration phase: Mo, Jan 9, 9:00 am - Mo, Jan 16, 2023, 01:00 pm
- allocation of left-over seats: Tue, Jan 24 - Wed, Jan 25, 2023
- kickoff meeting and topic distribution: Fri, Feb 03, 2023, 6-8:00 pm, online (Zoom-meeting t.b.a.)
- deadline feedback for topic choice: Mo, Feb 06, 2023, 1:00 pm to frank.schwartz"AT"uni-hamburg.de
- outline discussions: upon appointment
- interim presentations of individual topic progression: upon appointment
- submission of 1st version of seminar thesis: Wed, May 03, 2023, 1:00 pm
- review phase including review submission: Thur, May 04 – Tue, May 09, 2023, 1:00 pm
- submission of final version of seminar thesis incl. responses to reviews: Mon, May 22, 2023, 1:00 pm
- Presentations (usually we do not need more than two appointments; nevertheless please block all of the following dates and times): Fri, May 26, 2023, 5:00 - 9:00 pm/ Sa, May 27, 2023, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm / Sun, May 28, 2023, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm potentially online or, if possible in room no. 3136/42, VMP5
- possible excursion : within the week of pentecost
The seminar deals with selected topics in the field of Information Systems. The students get an extensive overview of recent research-relevant issues in Information Systems. Splitted into groups of twos or threes the students work on a selected topic and present the results in a written seminar thesis as well as during a presentation. In order to increase networking among the students peer reviews of the thesis of another group have to be submitted.
The seminar is planned as a block course. Depending on individual interest, working on the topic may already start during semester break or else take place during the first half of the semester.
The course language is German.
However, thesis and presentation can also be done in English, which means the students have the explicit opportunity to request supervision, to write the thesis and present the topic in English.
The topics are formulated in a way that allows students to pursue them further during writing their final degree thesis at the Institute of Information Systems.
Different topics will be made available.
The list of topics and information on organizational issues will be provided during an introductory session in mid-February. During this session students will also receive central references concerning each topic in order to enable them to an appropriate topic introduction. More topics will be proposed as needed in order to allow students an appropriate choice. There is also the option to contribute your own topic and eventually work on it after consulting the supervisor.
Reference recommendations are given for the specific topics during topic provision. Please consult the topic list for further recommendations.