Introduction to Information Systems for B.A. Students (GRWINF)
Due to the current situation all tutorials will take place as online courses!
Type and Deduction
compulsory module within the 1st semester of the B.A. BSc. program
compulsory module for BSc. students with B.A as supplement and Information Systems as
compulsory optional module in the HDL BSc. program
The number of participants is not limited.
Please note that attending tutorials is compulsory. Only those students will be admitted to write the exam, who regularly attended their tutorials (you might miss only 3 tutorials). If you have fulfilled the admittance requirement in a former semester, you do not have to attend the tutorials again.
Scope of Deduction
4 SWS (2 SWS lecture, 2 SWS tutorials)
Course Dates (IMPORTANT More information above!!!)
- lecture: online!
- tutorials: Due to the current situation all tutorials will take place online!
- Z1-1 Tue 12-02 pm: Dr. Robert Stahlbock
- Z1-2 Tue 12-02 pm: Dr. Kai Brüssau
- POSTPONED! Z2-5 Tue 12-02 pm: Dr. Abtin Nourmohammadzadeh
- Z1-3 Fr 12-02 pm: Dr. Gabriele Schneidereit
- Z1-4 Fr 12-02 pm: Dr. Abtin Nourmohammadzadeh
- Z1-5 Fr 02-04 pm: Dr. Gabriele Schneidereit
- NEW! Z1-6 Fr 12-02 pm: Philip Cammin and Dr. Robert Stahlbock
- Z2-1 Tue 02-04 pm: Dr. Kai Brüssau
- Z2-2 Tue 02-04 pm: Dr. Robert Stahlbock
- Z2-3 Wed 09-11 am: Philip Cammin
- Z2-4 Wed 09-11 am: Dr. Gabriele Schneidereit
- Z2-6 Wed 11 am -01 pm: Philip Cammin
In order to participate in this course, it is obligatory to register in STiNE during the STiNE registration periods.
Attention: the 1st registration phase is due to 08.-11.10.2018. After this phase (15.-25.10.2018) it will be only possible to register for courses that still have enough places.
Please note: all module materials (slides, exercises, exam examples) are only provided via STiNE and can only be used by students, who are correctly registered for a lecture in this module via STiNE.
Evaluation Type: exam
1. date: the beginning of Feb 2019
2. date: the beginning of March 2019
As soon as they are known the exact examination dates will be announced in STiNE.
- regular attendance of exercises
- registration for the exams in STiNE well within the registration periods (also for students who repeat the exam!).
- Introduction: information and communication systems, objectives of information systems
- basics in computer sciences and information and communication technology: hardware, software, computer networks, WWW, coding of information as data
- Information Management: data / information / knowledge, layer model of information management, objectives of information management
- Modelling: business modelling, data modelling (ER-modelling), function- and process-oriented modelling
- Data Bases: architecture of data bases, transaction concept, relational data bases, data base design, structured query language, data management
- Software Development: activities and approach models for software development, software project management, software architecture (component technology)
- Business Applications: basics, security, application systems for different application areas, electronic commerce
Fink, A.; Schneidereit, G.; Voß, S. (2005): Grundlagen der Wirtschaftsinformatik. 2. Ed., Physica, Heidelberg.
Other literature recommendations during lectures.