For faculty researchers
Useful links for researchers
- FIT-Newsletter: Universität Hamburg's research newsletter
- Universität Hamburg Research
- Department 4: Research Management and Funding (Universität Hamburg)
Funding, scholarships, jobs: See below.
- Brochure on methods in social sciences and economics: Auffinden-Zitieren-Dokumentieren (German only)
- German Data Forum (RAtSD)
Libraries and databases
- WiSo Library
- Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (ZBW, formerly known as German National Library of Economics)
Practice and ethics
- Faculty of Business Administration: Ethics process
- Good Scientific Practice: Universität Hamburg information and guidelines
Management Transfer Lab (MTL)
- MTL: Startup service, Research transfer, Recruitment/jobs
Training and courses
- Hamburg Center for University Teaching and Learning (HUL): Training and qualifications for teaching and research staff., including digital teaching.
- Hamburg Research Academy (HRA): Career support and training for doctoral and early career researchers.
Other support for researchers
- Academic Staff Council of Universität Hamburg (WIPR)
- Conflict Prevention and Resolution support.
- Faculty ombudsperson: Prof. Dr. Henrik Sattler (Deputy: Prof. Dr. Nicola Berg)
If you have any further questions, please contact Research Advisor Inga Karnapp (+49 40 42838-3551, inga.karnapp"AT"uni-hamburg.de).
Faculty research guidelines
Ethics reviews or the confirmation of the ethical soundness of research involving human subjects (e.g., data collection) are increasingly being requested by journals and third-party funding agencies (including the EU and DFG).
This process conforms to the IRB standard (US standard).
Research semester for professors
- Essential information, application form (in German)
Funding, scholarships, jobs
Doctoral and post-doctoral researchers
Faculty of Business Administration: Jobs, scholarships, grants
- Young researchers funding 2022 (Faculty regulations and process)
- participation in scientific (online) conferences at which you present,
- participation in (online) doctoral courses*,
- acquisition of data sets (if no comparable data is available via the licenses co-financed by the faculty),
- payment of transcription costs,
- proofreading of English-language texts.
- Research Associate positions (see "Academic Staff" > "Faculty of Business Administration")
- Elizabeth Eisfeld Postdoctoral Funding: For female postdoctoral researchers and junior professors to conduct research abroad (see Measures > Measure 1)
- BWLternzeitmodell : Parental leave model for doctoral and postdoctoral researchers
- Doctoral scholarships
- Travel grants
- Further information:
- Universität Hamburg research pages
- Universität Hamburg job opportunities (see "Funding sources")
External scholarships and research grants
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD): Scholarships for international students and researchers
- Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes (German Academic Scholarship Foundation)
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation
- Heinrich Boell Foundation
- Hanns Seidel Foundation
- Konrad Adenauer Foundation
- Rosa Luxemburg Foundation
- Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft
- Hans Böckler Stiftung
- Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung
Information about research project funding
- Third-party funding: Application process (in German)
Further information about third-party funding can be found at:
- Department 4: Research Management and Funding: University service providing funding related support and information
- Research funding portal: Information and support about external funding agencies
- Research Services (RS): Support for transfer-related projects
Third-party Funding Sources
Conference and workshop organisers
Funding for national and international academic events
- DFG: Funding for "international scientific events" in Germany such as "international congresses, symposia, colloquia and workshops, international scientific conferences, annual meetings, and bilateral events."
- Fritz Thyssen Foundation: Funding for academic events, especially national and international conferences.